***The Treasurer's Office is open to the public. 03-11-2021 - You can also send an email to email@example.com ***
Tax notices will be mailed out by the end of January. If you have not received it by 02-14-2021 please contact our office.
Want to get your tax notice fast? Tired of waiting on the postman? Sign up for EStatements today!
Click hereto get the form. Fill it in and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call our office if you need assistance with making tax payments, our office number is (970) 264-8325 option #1.
The County Treasurer is responsible for:
• Mailing property tax statements to the owner of record
• Collecting property taxes
• Disbursing taxes to the taxing authorities (school districts, cities/towns, the county, fire districts, special districts, etc.)
• Receiving all monies sent to Archuleta County
• Maintaining correct and proper accounting of all monies
• Disbursing monies for obligations of the county on the orders of the Board of County Commissioners
• Investing all monies until they are needed
Article XIV, Section 8 of the Constitution of the State of Colorado is the authority by which the Treasurer operates. Activities of the office are directed by the Legislature of the State of Colorado through the Statutes. The Treasurer is an elected official, serving a four-year term of office.
The Treasurer does not determine the amount of tax to be collected. Property Tax is determined by the Assessor's Office.