Department of Human Services (DHS)
The Department seeks to strengthen individuals, families and our community with the services provided and is dedicated to providing effective and efficient programs.
As you all are aware, many service needs provided by the Department must be sustained and/or will grow during times of need. At ACDHS we will proactively continue to monitor public health recommendations and provide response in an effort to continue to meet individual, community and employee needs.
For the protection of employees and the public, the following will be implemented as we phase in reopening to the public:
1. Wear a face covering when in common spaces of our building. Visitors will be asked to wear a face covering. Be sensitive to the needs of others as best you are able.
2. Continue hygiene precautions, regular hand washing, and use of sanitizer to minimize cross contamination.
3. Continue to practice social spacing when possible and reasonable. Be sensitive to the needs of others as best you are able.
4. Continue to encourage use of virtual means of communication when possible and reasonable. A drop box for corresponding with DHS is located at 551 Hot Springs Blvd., in front of the ACDHS entrance. The drop box is checked on a regular daily schedule. Weather resistant document holders are attached to the drop box and contain applications for public assistance programs.
5. Public access will be limited to consumers who need in person appointments and access.
-Requests for on-site appointments must be planned.
-When a consumer requests an on-site appointment they will be asked to sign in prior to entering the building or gaining access. A podium is placed near the DHS entrance which will help to facilitate this activity.
-When the consumer is granted access to the building, they shall wait for the employee they are meeting with to accompany them to a meeting location.
Thanks for your ongoing patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through all this together, and all, while continuing to serve our community with excellence.
CONTACTING ACDHS OFFICES
To contact ACDHS:
Leave a message at 970-264-2182. Be sure to leave a detailed message including your name and contact information. Due to high call volume, please be patient; we will call you back as soon as possible.
To report abuse or neglect of a child or adult, call the Hotline at 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437).
To apply for public assistance programs online:
• Wash your hands frequently or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your inner elbow shirt sleeve
• Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
• Stay home if you’re sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth