Warren is a third generation Coloradoan. Warren was raised in a small mountain town on the Western Slope of Colorado and graduated from high school in 1985.
Warren graduated from Northwestern University’s School of Police Staff and Command in 2007 and earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Columbia Southern University in Criminal Justice Administration in 2012.
Warren served the Community of Montrose, Colorado as a law enforcement officer for twenty years while raising three children. Warren retired from the City of Montrose in 2013. After retirement, Warren and his wife Jody moved to Texas for a short time in preparation for their future business venture.
In 2015, Warren and Jody’s business plan was put into action and they returned to Colorado, purchasing a local insurance agency in Pagosa Springs. Jody managed the insurance agency while Warren returned to public service, where he served his community through the Archuleta County Sheriff’s Office for five years, leaving as the Operations Commander.
Warren has invested in his communities, volunteering his time while serving on numerous committees and boards locally and at the state level throughout his 27 years of public service. Most recently, Warren served on the Safe School Now Committee, Child Protection Team, Special Olympics Torch Run Executive Council, Deputy Director for Special Olympics Region 6, Pagosa Springs Rotary Club and the Board of Directors for Aspen House.
Warren treasures time spent with his family and enjoys all of the traditional outdoor activities Colorado has to offer including camping, skiing, hiking, fishing and hunting.
Commissioner Brown: Boards & Committees
- Community Development Corporation (CDC) - Board Member https://pagosaspringscdc.org/
- Colorado Counties Inc. (CCI) - Public Lands Steering Committee Traveling Delegate - https://ccionline.org/
- National Association of Counites (NACo) - Public Lands Steering Committee Member as a result of being Elected onto the CCI Public Lands Steering Committee Traveling Delegation - https://www.naco.org/
- Western Interstate Region (WIR) - As a result of being a NACo and CCI Public Lands Committee Member - https://www.naco.org/advocacy/western-interstate-region
- CCI - Justice and Public Safety-Jail Standards Commission - https://ccionline.org/
- Subgroup #2 member and Enforcement Subcommittee Chairman
- Pagosa Main Street - Board Member - https://www.pagosasprings.co.gov/main-street-advisory-board
- San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH) - Board member - https://sjbpublichealth.org/