Food Assistance

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

The federal food assistance program (SNAP) is available for income-eligible individuals and families.  It's not necessary to be receiving other assistance in order to be eligible, but people don't receive food assistance automatically — income-eligible individuals and families must apply and be determined eligible. Food assistance can be used to buy food only. Alcoholic beverages, pet food, tobacco, paper products, or other nonfood items cannot be purchased with food assistance benefits. If determined eligible the benefit amount will be placed in an electronic account which can be accessed by individuals through the Colorado Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system. EBT cards are accepted by most grocery stores.

Please refer to Colorado Program Eligibility and Application Kit for eligibility.  

There are also several Food Banks locally that may assist with food assistance.  Information on those food banks and hours of operation are listed below.

Food Banks

Community United Methodist Church

 434 Lewis St.

 Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

Ph: (970) 264-5508

Tuesday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm

 Thursday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm


St. Patrick Episcopal Church

225 S. Pagosa Blvd.

Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

Ph: (970) 731-5801

Thursday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm


Amazing Grace Community Church

77 Navajo Circle

Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

Ph: (970) 444-2111

Wednesday 10:00 am to 12:00 pm

Thursday 11:30 am to 1:30 pm

Friday 11:30 am to 1:30 pm

Saturday 11:00 am to 1:30 pm


Restoration Fellowship Church

264 Village Drive

Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

3rd Monday of each month 12 pm to 2:00 pm


Archuleta TEFAP & CSFP Food Drop

3rd Monday of the month, 12-2:00 pm (brick house next to Church)


Immaculate Heart of Mary Church John Paul II

441 Lewis Street

Pagosa Springs , CO 81147

Thursday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm


Free Lunch available at the Catholic Parish Hall on Thursday

451 Lewis Street

Pagosa Springs , CO 81147

Thursday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm



This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at:

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.